Thursday, January 31, 2008

Potter in Poetry

Hey folks! So after a long hiatus, the Silver Doe is back and posting! What I have for you guys today is actually Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone--in verse!! Sounds fun, doesn't it? Well, before you get your hopes up, let me warn you that I wrote this way back when I was 12 or 13 and my writing skills were pretty under-developed...and I unearthed the 'manuscript' from the mess in my room and just thought I'd put it up here! So anyway, enough of my blabbering (I seem to have accidently drunk some Babbling Beverage that my house-elf left lying around)...

*
It was that very fateful night,
A few years ago,
Those were times of terror and misery,
From the dark, deadly foe;
Lord Voldemort entered the Potter home,
Committed murders there,
But came upon unexpected
And fled in despair.
Great were the rejoicings,
The dark forces had quit;
Young Harry was an orphan but safe
And Voldemort a mere spirit.
At Number 4, Privet Drive
The very same night
Appeared a tall wizard, and saw a tabby cat
(Which had been there since daylight)
It suddenly turned into a witch,
Who looked stern and wise;
And then, with a sudden roar, fell
A motorbike from the skies.
It carried a giant of a man
Hagrid was his name,
He held out a bundle and said,
"Young Harry's on the road to fame".
Professors Dumbledore and McGonagall
Bent over the orphaned thing
He'd escaped with but a cut on his forehead
Shaped like a bolt of lightening.
*
That's all for now, I gotto dash...please tell me you're not snoring already...remember I was *really* little when I wrote this :)

Read Part 2

8 howlers and owlers:

Anonymous said...

You sure you were 12 or 13 when you wrote that? Cause it's brilliant. Hell I can't write anything half as good as that even now!

AP said...

*Sniff* Even Tennyson would have wiped a tear when faced with something as poetic as this... Gee woman... ur teenage genes were sure Potter-proactive if u came up with this... 'Ruddy brilliant' in Hagrid's words :)

fawkes said...

excuse me......... dis is really good !!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my my!! I'm such a big big fan !!
Bravo..!!
:)

the silver doe said...

Omg I can't believe you guys actually liked this!! Lol...i thought it was hilarious, I laughed so much while typing it out...anyway, there's lots more, so do ya want me to continue it???

Anonymous said...

Absolutely.

The Keeper of the Keys said...

LOLERS!!!!!!!!!
omg
omg
i finally get to read the fabled poems...thot u'd never put them up...

And then, with a sudden roar, fell
A motorbike from the skies.

my fav line

and you were well above 13. thats not little. and the poem's brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I was NOT "Well above 13". I was 13. I think

And thankee :)

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster