Monday, June 16, 2008

So you Thought You Knew it All?

She drank the elixir to stay alive
Her husband too, so did strive
She was, I must say, rather old
Now, you know that. Need you be told?
And he was (in Latin) Bumblebee's great friend
The same who took Grindelwald to his end
The final answer that you're searching for
Is a potion book's author.


Tell you what, just go by the last two sentences and you'll do it. There is a twisted way of getting to the answer too.

Answers after a week.

15 howlers and owlers:

AP said...

It's Perenelle right??

hope i spelt her name correct...

I guessed it right after "Her husband too, so did strive"

OOh welcome Espera!! :D

Ish said...

Uhh huh, Bumblebee as in that Transformers waala yellow robot? :S

blog.sahil.me said...

No, ish.
The "she" is obviously Perenelle ... but when did she write a potion book?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, hmmm
So Perenelle drank the elixir to stay alive, and Nicolas too so did strive, and he was Dumbledore's great friend (Ish, Dumbledore=Bumblebee, surely you knew??)...
But i dont geddit...potions book author?
:S

Anonymous said...

Dumbledore = Bumblebee?!

I didn't know. :-/ Why do I feel so bad about it? :S

Anonymous said...

first of all, welcome espera!! so glad to see you here finally. you're right, i forgot to add you earlier, my bad. I should have known that you'd be a very consciencituios member, posting immediately and all. unlike some people i know. *cough* *cough* *significant look* *hint* *cough*

ok, i go by babs' first answer, next is dumbledore, but bumblebee's great friend, really?

potions books author..that beats me

just saw krits reply...nicolas ....*idiot me*
potions book author, well i know it has to be flamel and he wrote a couple of books, so....

Anonymous said...

*Conscientious

my spelling does suck. hmph.

blog.sahil.me said...

who's the author of Advanced Potion Making or whatever the potions book in HBP was called?
does Magical Herbs and fungi qualify as a potions book?

Espèra said...

Thenkus for the welcomes.

Alright. Nobody, except maybe >>Sahil is on the right track.

Like I said, it's goddamn complicated. It doesn't even make sense (the ridlle, I mean), it just rhymes. The straight path to it would be the last 2 lines.
Concentrate.

And toodles!

Anonymous said...

Hmph. Those potion books were my idea *pointed stare*
So Libatius borage or phyllida spore? I still can't figure out how to "arrive" at the answer. You're supposed to tell us the rules to do the puzzle :(

blog.sahil.me said...

@kriti: Like i just told you yesterday, they were NOT :P well, not really, coz i'd thought of them too :P

Arsenius Jigger?!

The Keeper of the Keys said...

Another riddle: where have you seen this before....hint: espera says it rhymes....

oh come on, dipsites...

Espèra said...

The Silver Doe: Nopes, sorry!

>>Sahil : Aaaaand, we have a WINNER!
Yep. Great going.

AP said...

I didn't get it.. *dopey face*

Anonymous said...

@sahil: Cheater. Bleh.

"Magical Template" designed by Blogger Buster